- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61931
Automotive and General Engineering
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
We are currently working with a specialist manufacturer of niche fabricated systems and steel structures to recruit an Applications Engineer. The main responsibilities will be to lead the introduction of new products while improving current manufacturing processes focusing on aluminium and lightweight materials to ensure customers receive products to the highest standard of quality possible and that new products are introduced in accordance with agreed deadlines and customers’ requirements.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and manufacturing processes used across the automotive, off highway and general engineering sectors.
- A competitive salary and benefits, working for a specialist manufacturing organisation that are at the forefront of their industry experiencing exceptional growth.
As Applications Engineer you will be required to:
- Support all new product introduction activities specialising in aluminium pressing and forming processes
- Provide Technical lead on manufacturing processes (aluminium pressings, forming and forging)
- Proficient in the use of CAD and Design solutions to provide support for design modifications and plant layout activities
- Developing & maintaining process documentation
- Controlling DFMEA and PFMEA documentation and actioning recommendations
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies through OEE improvements Cost Avoidance projects
- Lead CI improvement activities within the Upstream processes
- Playing a key role in the implementation of new product through design input, launches/burst builds/tool trials
As Applications Engineer you will have:
- Exposure of developing manufacturing systems/processes, especially when using lightweight materials (aluminium) ideally within a 1st Tier Automotive/Aerospace Environment.
- Working knowledge of CAD and Product/Process Design to support NPI
- DFMEA & PFMEA
- Process change and improvement management, lean manufacturing, OEE allied with 8D and root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP and run rates would be advantageous
Suitably qualified and experienced Application Engineer’s should apply directly or by contacting Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.