Title: Applications & Development Engineer
Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced applications and development engineer to work for our client based at their site in Northampton site, the role will be to grow the strength of our client’s applications and product development team.
- Along with assisting company growth plans as the recent technology roadmap exercise will add new products to its portfolio and further strength its position in the market.
- Applications and Development engineers provide technical solutions to customer enquiries and study, research and develop ideas for new products and methods used to make them.
- Working on a wide range of rotating machinery, couplings and test rigs of bespoke design that must be functional and reliable, easy and safe to use, including modifying existing products or processes to increase efficiency or improve performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Chief Applications Engineer in providing timely response to new application and product enquiries.
- Produce innovative designs/ideas and create workable and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in new product development and product improvement activities including brainstorming, design, analysis, supplier selection and testing.
- Create 3D CAD conceptual designs and 2D drawings.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, assembly and testing to build in-house R&D test rigs for new product development.
- The ability to conduct test schedules, document the results and present these findings clearly.
- Work on short and long-term projects both in managing, documenting and performing the project activities.
- The selection and specification of suitable equipment suppliers and processes.
- A 2.1 degree in Mechanical engineering with Aerospace/Automotive/Energy/Oil & Gas background together with 2 to 4 years of demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use CAD (preferably Creo Elements or SolidWorks) and FEA (preferably Ansys Workbench) tools.
- Ability to perform hand calculations for preliminary design, sizing and stress assessment of static and rotating components.
- Material selection and knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Good understanding of Strength of Materials, Fatigue, Vibrations and Rotor dynamics.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
- Core hours of work are 37 per week based on Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:15 with ½ hour lunch break, and Fridays 08:30 – 12:30.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme, death in service and income protection benefits, and a non-contractual annual profit share bonus dependant on company profits
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.