over 2 years ago
£Competitive plus benefits
An Application Engineer is required to provide technical support and guidance to users of proprietary software and hardware products through outstanding customer service and support. Candidates with knowledge of powertrain calibration, CAN communications and vehicle instrumentation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a provider of user friendly software and high reliability hardware solutions for the measurement, calibration and diagnostics (MCD) sector in Dunton, requires a proactive Application Engineer to provide high quality, timely and thorough customer support. As an Application Engineer you will be required to:
- Be the direct point of technical contact for a large customer base
- Be involved throughout entire customer interaction with company's products including technical support and customer training
- Develop product demonstrations and application examples
- Maintain expert knowledge of all company's products and third-party tools EG MathWorks
- Participate in testing and validation of products - including software - prior to market release
- Perform benchmark research to determine a product's ability to solve specific customer problems
- Production of weekly activity reports in combination with the OEM's internal systems to provide transparency on progress via Key Performance Indicators
The Application Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of automotive electronic control system development processes, as well as software/hardware architectures
- Understanding of control system communications and diagnostic protocols
- Understanding of .net, python and MATLAB programming
- Knowledge of Horiba emission systems.
- Experience with MathWorks® products including MATLAB®, Simulink®, Simulink Coder ™ (formally known as Real-Time Workshop®), Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder®, Stateflow® and Stateflow coder.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with application engineering experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dunton based MCD supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Application Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Application Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.