Up to £35000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Application Engineer - Measurement Specialist
Industry/Sector: Industrial Metrology
An Applications Engineer - Measurement Specialist is required to provide measuring support and metrology consultation for one of the world's best provider of industrial metrology applications. Key tasks will include inspection, basic training and software testing for customer components. Candidates with PC-DMIS experience with a metrology background will be well received.
The role will involve attending promotional events to provide customer demonstrations and visiting customers to support sales activity.
As an Applications Engineer - Measurement Specialist, you will be required to:
- Provide measurement support for Network members, including metrology consultation, contract inspection, basic training and software testing.
- Predominantly facility based role working with new and existing customers, within the Silverstone Park catchment area.
- Manage the scheduling and complete the inspection of customer parts, using a wide array of company and third-party inspection equipment located on site.
The Application Engineer - Measurement Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and constraints.
- Demonstrable experience in dimensional metrology and associated principles of manufacturing and inspection.
- A current working knowledge of core software, including PC-Dmis and Quindos.
- Work experience in advanced co-ordinate metrology.
- Ability to manage a project through from end to end with a thorough understanding of dependencies and consequences.
- Ability to read technical drawings, ideally proficiency in CAD or equivalent.
- Strong communication and networking skills and the ability to create and develop lasting relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Highly self-motivated
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of metrology and measurement applications and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Applications Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .