Antenna Design Engineer
Cranfield, Milton Keynes
An Antenna Design Engineer is required with knowledge of Antenna systems and component development in an automotive environment.
This Automotive OEM based in Milton Keynes requires an Antenna Design Engineer with understanding of circuit diagrams and understanding of electrical theory for a new contract role.
As an Antenna Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop specifications & layout for Antenna Systems to the client's design/test standards.
- Lead development of these components and collaborate with all affected sections to ensure successful development completion.
- Collaborate with R&D teams globally to jointly develop audio components for global application.
- Negotiate and coordinate specification development with global teams in Japan and North America.
- Managing Tier 1/2 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components to company design standard.
- Work with test and customer orientated engineering teams to identify concerns and prepare solutions.
The Antenna Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Understanding and experience of Antenna system and component development in an automotive environment, from specification, through realisation to life time management.
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1/2 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Understand Circuit Diagrams.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office, Image editing etc.
If you have any questions about the Antenna Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262