Role: AD Plant Operator
Location: South Milford, North Yorkshire
Salary: £31,000 p/a
- We are currently recruiting for an Anaerobic Digestion Plant Operator to work on shift for our client in the South Milford area of North Yorkshire, the role will be an exciting opportunity for someone to join a well establish business and will report to the operation manager.
- The AD Plant/Site operator will be responsible for the daily production operation of the AD plant ensuring that any production schedule is completed in an efficient and safe manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- The operator will also be responsible for monitoring the daily safety and environmental performance of the plant ensuring that it is operating in accordance with environmental parameters and legislation and working with site safe systems of work.
- Operating control systems to achieve plant start up, continuous operation, shut down and testing.
- Carrying out detailed routine operational plant inspections, first line fault finding and minor repairs and maintenance.
- Close monitoring of plant and equipment to identify any issues and ensuring that any defects are logged onto the maintenance management system.
- Providing feedback and being proactive in plant performance, reliability and availability.
- Monitoring plant performance and developing new ideas and measures in order to improve performance, reliability and efficiency.
- You will be responsible for ensuring feed-stock deliveries are accepted in accordance with the company acceptance procedures as well as telehandler / forklift operations.
- You will be responsible for the safe loading of digestate material for removal from site.
- Remote operation and monitoring of site out of hours via an electronic system on a rota basis, including attending site out of hours in the event of breakdown etc. This includes bank holidays and weekends working.
- Ensuring that site cleanliness and hygiene requirements are maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Experience in an appropriate engineering / operation or technical discipline will be required.
- A flexible approach to work including the taking on of additional projects as requested by the Operations Manager and a willingness to contribute and assist the whole team ethic.
- You will be expected to gain a high level of awareness of the site's legislative requirements and comply with Health, Safety, EPA and Animal Health requirements and to ensure compliance at all times.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.