Alias Modeller - Coventry - Up to £44/hour dependent on experience
Summary of Department & Role
Our clients are responsible for delivering design properties from agreed briefs. CAS Modellers support the design programs. By generating 3D CAD models and supporting visuals they also assist the clay and hard models in the design process.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Acts as a single point of contact for the modelling team for the entire duration of each project (exterior or interior)
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of both math and physical design properties.
- Work directly with Design, Clay Modelling and Studio Engineering teams to develop 3D Digital model data
- Prepare renderings, technical drawings & CAD models of design proposals in support of the Design Release Process
- Must be able to interpret 2D sketches, pictures and drawing in order to turn them into 3D models
- Must be able to communicate and take directions verbally from designers and engineers
- Able to work alone when required and work well with in a team environments
- Must have a good understanding on how long it takes to create a model and understand budgetary and timing limits
- Generate High Integrity math as/where necessary. Suitable for transfer into other CAD systems (principally Ideas/Catia/ProE).
- Generate math models suitable for milling/RPT applications (e.g. closed volume STL files).
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the engineers understand proposed design changes.
- Produce world class presentation renderings in VRED
- Presenting digital models to design management team using state of the art presentation techniques (3D Powerwall presentation)
- Supporting the Designers with the generation of 3D models from 2D proposals/verbal directions.
- Provide technical information and support to senior management for design reviews.
- Carry out special projects, as directed by management.
- Support Colour and Trim design activities to ensure themes, and details are accurately captured in the digital presentation models
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE ROLE:
- The role is based in the UK
- English language written /verbal is essential.
Essential skill set required:
- Degree qualified or similar qualification
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge in 3D CAD automotive surfacing
- Excellent modelling skills - Alias
- Good communication / interpersonal skills
- Lead / managerial skills
- Vast automotive OEM Modelling experience or equivalent
When applying please send your CV, along with salary requirements, notice period and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK with no time limits or restrictions.
For more information about the role, or to apply please contact Gemma Gregson - Jonathan Lee Design Services tel: 01384 446144 or email .