- Sector: Aerospace & Aviation
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59028
Job title: Aircrew Instructor Watchkeeper
Salary Range: £55k- £58k depending upon experience
Location: Boscombe Down and Larkhill with overseas deployments
We are currently recruiting an Aircrew Instructor for Watchkeeper Royal School of Artillery training.
This role is primarily to provide Watchkeeper theoretical, synthetic and live flying instructions to the customer. The role will involve operating Watchkeeper UAV systems in the role of UAV-Pilot, UAV Commander and payload operator during training, demonstration, currency and test flights both UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will already be qualified as an Aircrew Instructor and once suitably qualified and experienced on Watchkeeper, you will undergo relevant competent to instruct (C to I) qualification prior to conducting customer training duties.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Watchkeeper UAV training by operating Watchkeeper UAV systems in the role of UAV Pilot, UAV Commander and payload operator during training, demonstration, currency and test flights both UK and overseas.
- Facilitator during customer training courses
- Supporting customer ground and flight training
- Developing and maintaining training material
- Correct and safe operation of UAV system and associated payloads
- Monitoring and maintaining operational flying and training standards
- Ensuring flight safety at all times
- Compliance with applicable MAA Regulatory publications
- Pilot instructors will be seconded to the Royal School of Artillery (RSA) for the delivery of individual training.
- Delivery of RSA delivered classroom and ground training to key Watchkeeper roles in addition to simulator training, live flying instruction and assessment of Watchkeeper pilots.
- Delivery of modules 3 and 4 in line with RSA delivery of courses
- You will provide input into course planning and continuous improvement of course material
- Assist with development and instruction of all other Watchkeeper courses and briefings as directed by Royal School of Artillery
- Assist with captaincy development of Watchkeeper pilots and preparation prior to assessment and award of competence by Army Aviation Standards (AAvn Stds)
- Support maintenance of both live and sim currency and competency and the regain of comparative questions tests for Watchkeeper pilots.
- To provide SME advice and assurance to Army HQ and DE&S as required
- Support training requirements at various locations within the UK and overseas
Conditions of employment:
- Civilian pilot instructors shall meet the SQEP requirements for Pilot instructors as defined in U2125 of WKF HQ FOB and WKF AT&PD.
- Core working hours in line with Royal School of Artillery (RSA)
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required
- All leave is to be agreed and pending RSA approval
- Primary pilot instruction will take place within the UK (Boscombe down, Larkhill) however overseas travel may be required
- Instructor currency/proficiency is to be maintained IAW WKF Aviation Training & Personnel Directive (WKF AT&PD)
- Pilot Instructors will be subject to periodic instructor competence assessment by AAvn Standards, IAW and WKD AT&PD
- All instructors are subject to assessment of instructional competence IAW JSP 822 Pt 1 V3.0 Chapter 4
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Minimum of 1000hrs Manned or 500hs UAV Flight time as a Pilot in command (PIC) on Tactical/MALE/ HALE category UAV systems
- Central flying school (CFS) or civilian flying training organisation approval as a qualified aircrew instructor
- Knowledge and practitioner of military (MAA) and /or civilian (CAA) flying regulations
- Ability to operate effectively within a small team
- Be medically fit to a minimum of EASA Class 2 standard
- Able to operate from UK and overseas
- Proven aircraft captaincy and authorisation experience
- Knowledge of emerging requirements for UAV flying
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
Desirable experience :
- Military aircrew experience in the Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force. Delivery of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant courseware for the military
- Flight safety and/or post crash management qualification
- Currently or previously a qualified flight authoriser
- Human Factors qualified
- Aero systems qualification and flight test experience
In return for your commitment, our client will offer you:
- Full time permanent position based at Larkhill / Boscombe down with overseas deployments
- The salary bracket depending on experience is between £55-58k
- Up to 5% bonus on base salary (based on performance split of 50% company / 50% individual, paid April each year)
- Life Assurance
- Overtime Available
- Average 37 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Aircrew Instructor, ideally with Watchkeeper experience. If you would like to discuss the Aircrew Instructor role in further detail please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.