Tax free salary + £6250 bonus + Free accommodation
4 months ago
Job title: Aircraft Mechanical Technician – Hawk or Tornado experience required
Dharan, Saudi Arabia
We are currently recruiting for an Aircraft Mechanical Technician to work on a permanent basis in Dharan, Saudi Arabia.
You must have experience on Hawk or Tornado.
You will receive a permanent tax free salary, free accommodation on a safe compound with access to all facilities on base, a 24 month bonus of £6250 and 9% pension from the company.
Main Purpose of Position:
- Management of the maintenance system testing programme for Tornado PE2 aircraft.
- Management of the Mechanical System Testing
- Management and supervision of the Team Technicians.
- First Stage/Mandatory and Independent certification of completed tasks carried out by the Takt Team Technicians when required to do so.
- Plans and co-ordinates, the scheduled airframe maintenance activities to meet the aircraft maintenance programme as defined in the aircraft project plan and the maintenance content which is detailed in the PE2 DMS engineering, unscheduled maintenance
- Co-ordinates access for all trades and inspectors on his aircraft.
- Prioritises tasks According to the aircraft schedule
- Monitors and provides daily updates of his aircraft’s progress against the programme; these updates are via the agreed IT based application and verbal briefs.
- Highlights to the Operations Team Leader, issues likely to impact the aircraft programme
- Management of a varied trade Takt team.
- Takes action to address poor performance and disciplinary matters.
- Has responsibility, as far as is considered fair and practicable, for ensuring the personnel he is supervising have the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out the task in hand and that the task is completed I.A.W. RSAF TOs/publications, TMSC Quality system process and M&CA mandates.
- Provides sufficient direct supervision of personnel to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Investigates and provides reports on technical issues and accident/incident events.
- Ensures that sound maintenance practices and documentation procedures are followed at all times.
- Before delegating any task, ensures all personnel are authorised/certified to accomplish the task.
- Ascertains that pre use checks are carried out as required, on the equipment used in the task he is supervising.
- Provides on-the-job theory and practical training.
- Promotes the personal development of himself and others.
- Assesses the competency of team personnel and informs the Operation Team Leader of any deficiencies.
- Certifies personnel for specific tasks when certified as a ‘Work Place Trainer’.
- Ensures accurate demands for replacement components/parts are placed as soon as possible
- Deputises, if required, for the Operations Team Leader.
- Establishes and maintains positive relations with TMSC’s internal and external customers.
- Has and promotes understanding of the commercial issues related to TMSC within the Takt Team.
• Ensure accurate information flow is maintained to and from his designated area of responsibility.
Qualifications, Skill & Experience required
- Qualifications: National civilian / military equivalent recognised aircraft maintenance traineeship / apprenticeship
- Have at least 7 years post qualification practical maintenance experience within operational flying aircraft environment supported by formal recorded workplace applied related training OR 3 years on Tornado airframe system testing.
- Relevant Type specific training.
- Must have an understanding and application of human factors, error management, health & safety and proactive hazard analysis, appropriate to the role.Be able to work
- Must hold a current driving licence
- Computer literate with a understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A sound understanding of the RSAF 4-1-7166 series and supporting technical publications applicable to his work area
- An understanding of the RSAF Operation and working practices
- Working knowledge of Q-pulse, DMS and an understanding of M&CA processes.
- Knowledge of relevant parts of the MOE and procedures
- Ability to confirm full accomplishment of maintenance tasks
- Understanding of Personnel authorisations and limitations
- Ability to prioritise tasks & report discrepancies
- Use,control,be familiar with required tooling and equipment
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience , please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Technician role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.