- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59339
Job title: Mechanical Aircraft Engineer- 6 month contract, Leicester
Salary Range: Competitive rate of pay per hour depending upon experience
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer on an initial 6 month contract to provide design & engineering expertise for the design, development and qualification of unmanned air vehicles, ground based shelters, and other equipment that are supplied as part of a UAV Subsystem.
Your main duties and responsibilities within this role will be as followed:
- Support the Mechanical Engineering team through tasks allocated for the support of the UAV programme
- Maintaining existing product data including designs manufactured from composites and the associated tooling.
- Provide technical support to composite manufacture working closely with sub-contractors and other stakeholders.
- Prepare concept layouts of system installations making use of CAD (Creo/Nx) as appropriate.
- Taking concept designs and carryout detail design of mechanical systems supporting internal and external designs reviews as required.
- Design repair schemes.
- Design and develop equipment for manufacturability, maintainability and serviceability.
Your Key Tasks within this role will be as followed:
- Working as an integral part of the UAV mechanical engineering team with the following specific tasks:
- Technical support of mechanical queries from both the customer and suppliers.
- Resolve product manufacturability issues.
- Lead mechanical development and qualification projects.
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings and Bill of Materials as required.
- Maintain/update drawings, BOMs and models as required.
- Develop concept layouts of system installations.
- Develop detailed layout of equipment within the UAV, Ground Control Station and other equipment including cable design and Interface panels.
- Generate Interface Control Drawings (ICDs) for above components
To be successful for this role, the following knowledge and skills are required:
- BEng (Hons) or equivalent in Mechanical or Composite Engineering
- Proven relevant experience working in the composite and mechanical design environment.
- Experience in a range of manufacturing techniques
- Experience of defining and managing material or environmental qualification testing
- Experience in designing equipment to survive in harsh environments
- Willingness to travel in the UK
- Must be self-motivated
- Good team player with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Hold or be able to hold security clearance
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible approach to duties and responsibilities
- Experience working with CAD (Creo & Nx preferred)
- Familiar with defence engineering specifications
- Competent and experienced with stress calculations and analysis
- Competent and experienced with thermal calculations and analysis
- Familiar with FEA and CFD analysis tools
- Experience in designing electronic equipment installations within air and ground vehicles and/or shelters
In return for your commitment, the company will offer you:
- 6 month initial contract
- 9 day working pattern therefore every other Friday off!
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation within UAV systems
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Hours average at 37 per week
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work within a military environment on UAV systems.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical Engineer, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.