Airbag Electronics Engineer
This Automotive OEM based in Milton Keynes requires an Airbag Electronics Engineer to successfully deliver vehicle projects to market, design & development of electrical and electronic systems. This will include the creation of specifications, management of suppliers and implementation to our production plants globally.
The successful Airbag Electronics Engineer will be required to:
- Application of electronic systems to vehicles.
- Releasing and maintaining the vehicle BOM.
- Development of specifications for body electronics components to design/test standards.
- Negotiate and coordinate specification development with global teams in Japan, North America, Russia and India.
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Managing in house and supplier validation of components to design standards.
- Work with test and customer orientated engineering teams to resolve concerns.
- Collaboration with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Status reporting to management.
The Airbag Electronics Engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team
- Self motivating and self managing
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software and hardware development.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer
Additionally the following may be an advantage:
- HMI factors and design.
- Software programming.
- Electronic mass production techniques and processes.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- RF theory and or experience of low power RF communication.
- RF type approval.
If you have any questions about the Airbag Electronics Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262