Title: Air Supply Systems Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £25.41 per hour
An Air Supply Systems Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract running until at least March 2018, and is subject to annual renewal.
Suspension System Tuning (SST) leads the design, development and delivery of those Chassis systems that significantly contribute to JLR`s vehicle dynamics performance whilst delivering customer comfort systems.
SST are responsible for active suspension systems, which include Active Roll Control, Adaptive Damping and Air Suspension, and passive suspension systems, such as dampers, roll bars and springs. The Air Supply System adjusts air mass in the Air Suspension Springs to maintain constant ride height and to alter vehicle ride height state (e.g. Access / Off-Road).
The system consists of Air Supply Unit (including compressor), Reservoir, Valve Blocks and Pipes. Responsibility for the design and development of Air Supply System concepts before handing over to the program delivery teams. Responsible for achieving performance targets and packaging solutions for the components to meet requirements. Close interaction is required across all suspension teams, other chassis functions, other business functions like Body or Powertrain and suppliers.
- Ownership of creating concepts components/systems.
- Design of components to meet or exceed performance targets
- Design of components that adhere to departmental standards
- Effective planning and delivery of overall layout, detail design, durability and validation
- Derivation of Engineering Specifications, DFMEA, Delivery Timing Plans and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Create and maintain representative CAD.
- Supplier management, discussions and communications to achieve the business goals.
- Resolution of engineering issues using of standard problem definition and solving techniques.
- Chassis Suspension Experience
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
- Demonstrated competence at generation of CAD models and engineering drawings.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role.
Failure Mode Avoidance Experience.
Problem solving skills and experience.
Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Automotive.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Air Supply Systems Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.