£25 - 36 per hour
5 months ago
Aftertreatment Development Engineer
Peterborough (WFH flexibility)
Up to £36.00 per hour (Umbrella or PAYE)
An Aftertreatment Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Ideal candidates would have development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/analysis, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below
- Execution of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) System validation activities
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Support of test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Knowledge of engine systems.
- Prior Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System development and validation experience.
- Exhaust Aftertreatment system function & Exhaust Gas conversion fundamentals.
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVPs and FMEAs.
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre - data management software.
- New design development following the APQP methodology.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.