- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 19 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59209
Aftertreatment Development Engineer
Up to £36/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/WFH - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
Ideal candidates would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below:
- Execution of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) System validation activities.
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Support of test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Knowledge of engine systems.
- Prior Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System development and validation experience.
- Exhaust Aftertreatment system function & Exhaust Gas conversion fundamentals.
- Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System componentry and potential failure modes.
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVPs and FMEAs.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA.
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre – data management software.
- New design development following the APQP methodology.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.