£0 - 36 per hour
4 months ago
Aftertreatment Design Engineer
Peterborough (WFH flexibility)
Up to £36.00 per hour (Umbrella or PAYE)
An Aftertreatment Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant will join the Component Engineering department and will take responsibility for design and development activities of aftertreatment components and systems.
Ideal candidates would have a mix and design and development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below
- Design and packaging of after treatment systems.
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims.
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Design experience of mechanical components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO).
- Good understanding of engine / mechanical component design.
- Knowledge of engine systems in particular of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) Systems.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes.
- Design experience gained in the off-highway sector.
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre - data management software.
- New design development following the APQP methodology.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.