£45k - 50k per year + pension
01384 446 174
Aftersales, Parts and Warranty Manager
This business is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder that is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of impressive, new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for an exceptional Aftersales, Parts and Warranty Manager.
In this new position, you will be responsible for establishing and growing customer service support that achieves departmental KPI’s and exceeds customers’ expectations. Customers include the OEM dealers who sell the products, and the end-users of the vehicles, ensuring provision of a highly professional and responsive service, in line with the premium nature of the product they build.
Reporting to the Commercial Director and having 2 direct reports, you will be responsible for the development of a robust aftersales strategy, including parts, customer service and warranty.
We are looking for candidates that have performed similar roles within the automotive or truck and bus sector that are looking to join a highly impressive and hugely innovate organisation with huge scope for career progression and development.
- Act as primary escalation point for issues and/or disputes from customers or dealers, ensuring that positive and effective relationships are maintained.
- Take ownership of customers’ issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Manage the inputs from the Company’s e-commerce platforms efficiently and professionally.
- Support an end-to-end mapping of the current Customer Journey and drive measurable improvements across all Aftersales activities.
- Establish and embed Aftersales processes to support the Company’s prevailing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Manage individual and team performance to meet / exceed all applicable KPIs.
- Provide effective cross-team collaboration between Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Engineering.
- Conduct half-yearly performance reviews for direct reports to ensure a healthy two-way dialogue, and each employee’s happiness and effectiveness in their respective role.
Key Stakeholder Engagement:
- Create and maintain insightful reports on customer interactions, warranty claims, and related statistics.
- Ensure departmental compliance with company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to the Environment, Health and Safety, ethics, values, and codes of conduct.
Parts & Accessories:
- Develop a targeted, compelling, and profitable range of on-brand accessories.
- Ensure the Company has a timely, effective, and efficient parts distribution process.
- Conduct regular analysis of parts stock including ageing / obsolescence, ensuring that the Company’s financial performance is optimised.
- Lead the Warranty team in the delivery of departmental service support objectives.
- Develop structured forecasts for warranty spend and measure performance against Budget, providing regular tracking reports for senior management.
- Conduct ongoing root cause analysis on warranty claims to identify actions and processes to reduce the number and scale of claims.
- Establish an Authorised Repairer network initially in the UK, and then other countries where sales activities are planned / happening.
- Manage and drive efficient and effective Aftersales processes and improvement actions.
- Keep ahead of the industry’s developments and apply best practices where improvement is needed.
- Work proactively with dealers and customers to gain feedback, utilising this feedback to improve Aftersales operations.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience as a Customer Service Manager or Aftersales departmental lead.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A demonstrable track record in implementing successful customer facing strategies and initiatives.
- Strategic thinker with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Previous experience of measuring and monitoring performance to drive improvements and process re-engineering.
- Working experience with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.
- A good overall understanding of supply chain activities – warehouse, distribution, inventory, production/manufacturing, etc.
- Excellent organisational and administrative capabilities.
- Good overall computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft software applications.
- Willingness to travel as required, including some international travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people across a diverse range of cultures.
- Strong leadership and delegation skills.
Measurable KPIs Impacted by the Role:
- After sales performance versus established KPIs, including financial returns.
- Extent and pace of process improvements
- Dealer and customer feedback via a structured research approach
- Aftersales team wellbeing and effectiveness
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.