Aftermarket Business Development Manager
Up to £55K
Pension, Management Bonus – 15% on target, capped at 30% (Discretionary)
Private Medical Insurance
Professional Institute Fees
This multinational business is a British manufacturer of high tech, specialist equipment that is used across several industries. We have been asked to assist in the search and recruitment of an influential Aftermarket Business Development Manager.
You will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of the aftermarket commercial opportunity and channel, you will drive increased profitable activity by leading, influencing and ensuring the adoption of best practise techniques. We are seeking an exceptional business to business sales professional who has worked and successfully developed strong relationships in a high-tech sector, perhaps IT, IT equipment and consumables or complex solution led sales.
As Aftermarket Business Development Manager, you will:
- Support the development of a global Aftermarket strategy to drive retention and growth in line with business plans.
- Work with the Channel Aftermarket Managers to localise plans where necessary.
- Identify areas of best practice and scale these around the wider business, creating and publicising case study success where possible.
- Work with the internal stakeholders to ensure aftermarket plans are adopted across the product range.
- Work alongside the Pre-Sales Team to ensure the business maximises the benefit globally from the experience the business has in Sample creation, ensuring they offer the right combination of hardware, consumables and software to meet the customer’s needs.
- Promotion of hardware differentiators identified through the Research and development process
- Analyse data to identify gaps in performance at both at Channel and Product level, and opportunity for business development.
- Work with the central Marketing Team to design and deliver effective Aftermarket promotions
We are keen for candidates to have experience in the following:
- Graduate in a business / technical discipline or equivalent commercial experience with a record of demonstrable success.
- A formal sales or marketing qualification is desirable.
- Sales, Marketing and account management of equipment, support and consumable products to a complex range of customers including technical, financial and purchasing professionals.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and packaging sectors in FMCG, pharmaceutical and industrial.
- Servitisation / Industry 4.0 related advanced services.
- Commercial Product Management.
- Contract negotiation – commercial and legal.
- Consumables Supply Chain.
- Process Improvement e.g. Lean methodology.
- ERP and CRM systems including advanced reporting and data mining - Oracle and Salesforce preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a real British manufacturing success stories, they are backed by a global high-tech manufacturing business, giving them access to a global market. The company offer strong career progression for the right candidate.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.