Aerostructures Programme Manager
We are looking to find a pro-active Aerostructures Programme Manager for a leader in outsourced engineering services and solutions for the most trusted names in Aero Engines, Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, based at their facilities in Bristol.
The Programme Manager will typically be aligned against a major Customer's Programme or number of significant projects for which they will take ownership of the projects financial and project performance. The Programme Manager is the lead for the financial operation of the department and the driver of the project management capability, technical capability and process implementation.
Key responsibilities as the Aerostructures Programme Manager:
- Accountable for project plans, risk register and change register in support of engineering activities for all Programmes under their control.
- Accountable for project performance (technical, time and cost) for all Programmes under their control.
- Responsible for project performance reporting for both internal and external stakeholders (quality, time and cost).
- Responsible for the organisation of structured, regular and effective internal and external meetings by acting as a key point of contact for the delivery team.
- Development of the delivery team and individual's skills in order to meet the business goals.
- Support the development of annual goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets.
- Support and lead implementation of 5S, process improvement, Lean and Problem Solving within the operations team.
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent.
- Significant experience working in the Aerostructures environment.
- Experience in the management of engineering projects across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of finance systems, recognising the need for robust and comprehensive booking number structure to allow for analysis of project health and performance.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Extensive experience of the engineering environment and project lifecycle management.
- Proactive in resolving anomalies and attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to enable effective communication in a pressurised team environment.
- The ability to interface and control activities of engineering teams in challenging project environments.
- Excellent package negotiable dependent upon experience.
if you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192