Aerospace Software Engineer – Contract - Edinburgh
An Aerospace Software Engineer is required for a 12 month contract working for an aerospace, defence and energy software and systems specialist to work from their branch in Edinburgh. It is vital that candidates have a knowledge of engineering software for safety critical systems to aerospace standards.
Positions are available for candidates that have C languages or ADA experience in Real Time Embedded Systems as well as Firmware and VHDL/Verilog positions.
As an Aerospace Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Developing software for safety critical embedded systems working on all development phases of the V-Cycle.
- Performing verification and validation testing in accordance with project schedules, processes and standards.
- Use of C/C++ and ADA programming languages.
- Developing software through the full lifecycle from requirement gathering to design, testing, documentation, implementation, integration and training.
The Software Engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in a mathematics or computer science based subject.
- Experience in software development and validation in the aerospace industry.
- Good knowledge of safety critical SW standard DO-178 B/C.
- Experience in real-time operating systems, embedded systems and C/C++ or ADA programming languages.
Interviews for the Aerospace Software Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
If interested in this role then please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.