A Systems Safety Engineer is required for an expanding, high-technology engineering company. ensuring designs meet safety and environmental regulations and best practice. You will be required to develop, regularly review and maintain project safety documentation and support reviews with the customer.
As Systems Safety Engineer will
- Proven ability in flight systems design and safety related activities.
- Managing Safety Engineering to deliver ongoing support.
- Developing and implementing and designing safe technical solutions that meet the customer requirements.
- Providing system safety guidance to engineering staff
- Reporting accurately on progress
- Completing work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget.
- Assessing and managing the safety aspects of projects and compliance documentation.
- Experience of conducting FHA (Functional Hazard Assessment), PSSA (Prelim System Safety Assessment), SSA (System Safety assessment), FTA (Fault Tree Analysis), Quantitative and Qualitative Assessments, FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis), CCA (Common Cause Analysis) including Particular Risks and Common Mode Analyses.
As Systems Safety Engineer you will
- A strong systems engineering background with experience of safety engineering.
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes.
- A good understanding of the complete systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
- Supporting the design, development, qualification, and operational support of safety-critical airborne systems.
- Experience with the assessment methods contained in ARP4761A.
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC), Environmental etc. would be advantageous.
Suitably qualified and experienced Systems Safety Engineers should apply today by contacting Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.