Contract Quality Engineer id required for a 6 - 12 month contract (with possible extension) for an aerospace manufacturer based in Coventry. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the quality system, continuous improvement of processes and supporting activities in the quality team.
- Product and process improvement activities.
- Investigating quality non-conformance and defects, providing written responses and improvement plans.
- FAiR (First Article Inspection Reports) for new and transition parts.
- Use quality problem solving tools like 8D, Ishikawa and 5 Whys.
- Engage in quality audits - both internal & supplier ensuring regulatory standards are maintained.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100.
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques.
- Six Sigma Green belt accredited.
- Experienced working in a New Product Introduction environment.
- Knowledge and awareness of HSE from a Quality perspective
- Preference is given to candidates from an aerospace background with some level of security clearance.
Interviews for the Quality Engineer will commence immediately with a view to starting as soon as possible. Please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for further information.