Aerodynamic Surface Designer '" Contract '" Electric Vehicle '" South '" £30-£45/hr DOE
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for automotive engineers. We are seeking visionary design and development engineers who possess the drive and desire to do things, differently. If this is you, perhaps it is finally time to think the unthinkable and move to a new automotive role, only better.
What you will do As Aerodynamic Surface Designer;
- Support the aerodynamics team by producing high quality surfaces in 3D CAD for use in CFD and aerodynamic testing.
- Update CFD model geometry during product development.
- Design of aerodynamic concept components for prototype models and manufacture and wind tunnel testing.
- Work with Aerodynamicists and Design Engineers to ensure surfaces meet function and manufacturability constraints.
- Liaise with the aerodynamics simulation and test team to plan and perform aerodynamic experimental validations.
What you will need As Aerodynamic Surface Designer;
- A degree/HND in Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong experience in freeform surfacing and solid modelling part design (NX and ANSYS preferred but flexible for other software)
- Excellent creative skills, from visualising geometry, to generating complex surfaces with master sections.
- Experience of developing models for wind tunnel testing.
- Ability to produce parametric surface models for use in CFD optimisation.
- Effective communication skills, able to work effectively within a multi-disciplined team.
What you will get As Aerodynamic Surface Designer;
- Experience of working on a project from concept stage.
- A very competitive hourly rate of between £30-£45/hr DOE Applications
Suitably qualified and experienced Aerodynamic Surface Designers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter