- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58674
Aerodynamics Engineer - JP00000382
PAYE £24.48 per hour
Start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Plan and execute wind tunnel testing within the defined schedules.
- Report wind tunnel results within the defined schedules.
- Generate countermeasure and performance improvement ideas.
- Level concerns with design groups, and collaboratively find solutions.
- Complete Aerodynamics witness tests within defined schedules.
- To manage Aerodynamics development on a range of vehicles, ensuring that targets are achieved in line with development schedules.
- To generate presentations, technical reports, progress meeting materials and to prepare key reporting documentation such as performance planning drawings.
- To plan and perform physical tests at wind tunnel facilities in Europe.
- To plan and post process CFD simulations, analyse data and to report recommendations based on the findings.
- Working with model makers to create full scale Aerodynamic bucks for wind tunnel testing prior to physical verification builds.
- To support styling feedback loops on new projects with design and engineering functions.
- To conduct/support benchmarking activities of competitor vehicles.
- To support the generation of new working practices considering future regulation changes
- To liaise with cross-functional R&D groups within both Design and Test organisations based in UK, Spain and Japan.
- Create/co-author technical papers to be presented at international conferences and seminars
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- A first or second class honours degree in aerodynamic or related subject, or alternatively, relevant working experience.
- Applicants ideally have automotive aerodynamics test and development experience.
- Develop aerodynamics physical test facility, property specification and instrumentation requirements.
- Applicants should have experience in planning and conducting of Aerodynamic wind tunnel tests at facilities using moving ground and rotating wheels.
- Experienced in the effects of rotating wheels on aerodynamic drag and lift.
- Understanding of real world aerodynamics and improvement of dynamic performance through aerodynamics.
- Basic knowledge of aeroacoustics.
- Work in close relationship with Styling (Design) teams to ensure compatible delivery of Aerodynamic and Styling targets.
- Support defining vehicle system level targets including Aerodynamic Drag, Lift, High Speed Stability and Cooling Airflow Rate.
- Applicants ideally have a good appreciation of computational fluid dynamics methods.
- French speaking would be a bonus.
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong project management and planning skills
To apply to this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.