£ Competitive Salary + Benefits
Advanced Quality Engineer
Automotive Castings and Forging
£ Competitive + Package
Have you the ability to manage all quality activities on programmes, being responsible for leading PPAP and launch of all programs and engineering changes?
An exciting, fixed term opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Quality Engineer to work with suppliers and customers, to lead and facilitate quality improvements and resolving issues that lead to the achievement of successful PPAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this Advanced Quality Engineer position are:
- Own and drive process capability - CP/CPK on all developing programs (SPC, CM and in process gauge development Design, Quote, Procurement, Validation).
- Track development to meet program milestones.
- Review component drawings and understand the application requirements for each component with dimensional studies on finished goods with road maps as required.
- Effective launch transition to production.
- PDP and Business Protocol Adherence, PDP documents to be completed as per program milestones and evidence provided for files.
- Ensure best practice is followed throughout the Design process.
- Timely closure of Engineering Changes Action Items.
- Ensure customer representation / resources are in place for launch readiness.
- Perform equipment supplier visitations/audits as deemed necessary.
- Analyse, troubleshoot and follow up on internal and customer quality issues.
- Meet all commitments - confront and elevate issues in a timely manner.
- Provide technical and administrative support at needed.
- Implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement.
- Warranty Analysis
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety Environmental requirements
The above is an outline of the duties to be performed and the incumbent will be expected to follow any job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by their supervisor.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Education
- Understanding of APQP Gate Review development process
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: die casting, metal forming, automated assembly, mechanisms, tooling fixtures and gauges.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar production systems
- Strong understanding of Core Quality Tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA and PPAP), Control plans / Process Flows, Root Cause Analysis/Practical Problem solving
- Proficient in and learning the Business Operating Systems (TS16949, IMDS, QSI)
- Process knowledge (die castings, moulding, assembly)
- Experienced in the Automotive industry
Skills and Competencies
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to work in a faced paced team environment
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and follow tasks through to completion.
- Analytical with a data driven thought process
- Motivate and assertive personality, willing to learn, seek opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgement.
- Flexible and able to provide support to a continuous operations environment.
- Able and willing to travel and work extended hours based on customer demand and production schedule.
- Able to adapt well to change in assignments and priorities and able to adapt work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
- Able to communicate professionally to customers and senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience is desirable
- Good level of experience working in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment preferred
- ISO/IATF knowledge is desirable
- Primarily manufacturing plant shop floor and office.
- Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed.
- Requires regular travel to customer and suppliers as required (UK, Europe and internationally
- Plant conditions necessitate exposure to heat, cold, dust, hot objects, and loud noises within our manufacturing environment. Full Health and Safety training and PPE provided for all conditions.
If you are keen to learn more, please contact email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.