ADAS Test and Validating Engineer
An ADAS Test and Validating Engineer is required with experienced of MATLAB/Simulink to work for our client an a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry.
Our client is seeking motivated Engineers with a background in Automotive Engineering to join their ADAS team. Their engineers work with cutting edge technology and support the development of next generation ADAS and Automated Driving systems from concept level to production sign-off on behalf of OEM customers. They enable their engineers to build their expertise by helping their customers develop world class products. This role will primarily be based in the Midlands office with some travel to customers locations and other worldwide locations.
The role requires working with other team members and customer engineers to deliver ADAS projects according to plan. The role will therefore typically include the following key activities:
- Develop test plans for ADAS features
- Plan, conduct and evaluate vehicle and systems tests on virtual test bed, HiL test bed, test track and public roads
- Support robustness activities (e.g. FMEA) and safety analysis for new feature development
- Engage with customers to understand and track project milestones and deliverables dates
- Calibrate ADAS features to ensure robust target achievement
- Document tests, test results, calibration changes and maturity according to standards
The ADAS Test and Validating Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- Professional experience in testing and validation
- Effective communication skills
- English language (spoken and written)
- Proficient in Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink
- Driving Licence valid for driving in the UK
- High motivation and proactive attitude towards learning and new technologies
- Flexibility to travel to suppliers, customers, other offices
- Experience with vehicle control modules, E/E architecture, and vehicle systems
- Understanding of ADAS legislative requirements
- Experience with Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent
- Experience with data evaluation, post processing and software calibration
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the ADAS System Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.