There is business need to deliver pre-development activities for ADAS / Automated driving features and systems. ADAS and Autonomous Driving are one of the key technology challenges for the business moving forward. As such it is critical that we improve our technical capability and ensure that we have robust architecture, commodity and feature plans that allow the delivery teams within Product Engineering to operate efficiently.
This means putting more focus and effort into pre-development work streams to ensure we keep pace with the competition. Among pre-development activities is the assessment of suppliers and partners. Supplier assessment engineer will support these activities, by providing reports on supplier activities. This will be achieved by actively meeting them and assessing their technology. It involves physical component testing and therefore integration in target vehicle and test preparation and reporting, together with the component engineer. Engineer will need to be able to work in other pre-development activities.
- Experience in Automotive Engineering and, specifically, experience in Driver Assistance Systems or comparable complex / safety relevant systems
- Knowledge of vehicle networks and basic architecture
- Experience in vehicle integration / testing
- Experience of ADAS feature development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development
- "V" cycle Programming capabilities - basic scripting, test procedures
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Full UK driving license
- ADAS testing and validation experience
Degree in Electronics, Software, Automotive / Aerospace engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience