ADAS Sensors Engineer
An ADAS Sensor Engineer who is qualified to Degree level is required to work for our client a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry.
Our client is seeking motivated Engineers with a background in Automotive Engineering to join their ADAS team. The engineers work with cutting edge technology and support the development of next generation ADAS and Automated Driving systems from concept level to production sign-off on behalf of OEM customers. They enable their engineers to build their expertise by helping their customers develop world class products. This role will primarily be based in the Midlands office with some travel to customer locations and other worldwide locations.
The ADAS Sensors Engineer responsibilities will include:
The role requires working with team members and the customer engineers to deliver ADAS projects according to plan. The role will therefore typically include the following key activities:
- Develop, define and refine sensor or actuator requirements
- Identify and resolve conflicts in meeting technical requirements
- Support Quality Engineering activities (e.g. FMEA and breakdown to component level, FTA)
- Support development, integration and verification of sensors into HiL, test beds or vehicle platforms
- Document tests, test results, changes and maturity according to standards
- Engage with customers to understand and track project milestones and deliverables date
The ADAS Sensors Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in Automotive Engineering, Robotics, Autonomous Driving, Electrical, Mechatronic, or equivalent
- Professional engineering experience
- Effective communication skills
- English language (spoken and written)
- Proficient in Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Driving Licence valid for driving in the UK
- High motivation and proactive attitude towards learning and new technologies
- Flexibility to travel to suppliers, customers, other offices
- Experience with FMEA activities
- Experience with ADAS sensor processing
- Experience with safety standards (ISO 26262, 21448)
- Experience with ADAS legislative requirements
- Experience in DOORS, Integrity, Matlab/Simulink, Vector Tools and hardware design simulation tools
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the ADAS Sensors Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.