Working within a team of highly skilled Engineers, you'll take part in the delivery of Quality Projects for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Chassis Electronics (CE).
You'll lead sub-teams responsible for specific aspects of the electronics and sensors - e.g. ultrasonics, cameras, radars, pressure sensors. You will be expected to liaise with Engineers and Suppliers to ensure all Quality targets are met and technical issues resolved quickly.
The Quality Engineer's job is to identify, define and fix problems and improve quality at each model year by ensuring that similar issues do not re-occur in future designs. Candidate must demonstrate ability and experience in the following areas: Structured problem solving, analysing complex field quality data, leading projects, made up of teams from Product Engineering, Suppliers, Manufacturing and Service, using 8D and 6 sigma approaches, monitoring the effectiveness of the fixes using the field data, use of key Quality processes - DFMEA, DMAIC, 8D, Lessons Learnt
- Use of Problem Solving techniques and processes, using acquired data, within Engineering teams
- Understanding of automotive electronic systems, including fault code analysis
- Ability to plan and deliver project work accurately under pressure. Excellent IT skills including crucially analysing data using Excel
- Experience in engineering design and development/Validation
- Demonstrate ability and experience of structured problem solving, within Engineering teams
- Data analysis and using the data to drive projects Use of key
- Quality tools Liaising with suppliers, manufacturing and other Engineering areas
- Extensive experience working in Automotive Engineering projects Delivery of ADAS projects would be desired
- Ideally Six Sigma Green belt trained
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Electronics
Position will be based at Gaydon but candidate may be required to travel occasionally to other sites - Whitley, Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood and also Dealerships.