This role is based within the Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) and Chassis Electronics (CE) section of Electrical Engineering (EESE).
The ADAS/CE Team develops and delivers systems and features such as Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Automatic High Beam control, Intelligent Emergency Braking, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Limiter, Rear View, Junction View, Cross Traffic Alert, 360 degree Plan View, Lane Change Merge Aid, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Jam Assist, Highway Assist, Driveline Controls, Terrain Response, Active Suspension, and various new technologies working towards the goal of autonomous driving. The role:
This Lead Systems Engineer position will be within a team that owns the following engineering tasks and deliverables for multiple systems and subsystems:
- Planning the overall system delivery, working with the system owners to support build and fleet updates and write, Design and Collate feature and system requirements
- Translate / decompose feature and system requirements into robust electrical system and software specifications and standards
- Co-ordinate with control system, hardware and software engineers to ensure robust and timely software deliveries and manage System delivery across multiple vehicle lines.
Skills and Experience Required
- You'll need to be highly motivated and self-starting individual with effective leadership skills. Strong organisational, project management and communication skills are essential.
- A good understanding of system engineering principles and the software development lifecycle along with knowledge vehicle electrical architectures and protocols including CAN bus, Flexray, automotive diagnostics and related system development tools (CANalyzer, CANape, diagnostics tools etc.)
- Previous experience of automotive software delivery. ADAS experience preferred but strong candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered.
- Understanding of Quality methods
- Experience of component, system and vehicle level issue investigations Experience of Software development and delivery Diagnostic System Strategy & Implementation
- Vehicle Network & configuration System Strategy & Implementation