The role of ADAS Lead Engineer for ECUs and Sensors is based within the ADAS Systems & Subsystems Engineering group in Electrical Engineering, The ADAS Systems & Subsystems group is responsible to complete all the system engineering deliverables required to design and deliver driver assistance features based on video, radar and ultrasonic technologies such as Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Automatic High Beam control, Intelligent Emergency Braking, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Limiter, Rear View, Junction View, Cross Traffic Alert, 360 degree Plan View, Lane Change Merge Aid, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Jam Assist, Highway Assist Manage and coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new systems and components (commodities).
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will direct report into Group Leaders and where delivering on specific vehicle programmes have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
- Delivering the commodity plan to QCT WERS releasing to support the above commodity
- Ensuring all programme design solutions meet: Programme targets for cost and weight.
- Legal regulations & RMDV requirements. Optical Quality and PCPA requirements.
- Management of the design responsible supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Keeping all Module documentation up to date including: Meeting minutes Foundation & Programme DFMEAs Quality history & Bill of design
- Manage Change Request and expenditure forecasting
- Creation & maintenance of vehicle test plans - detail planning of test & development
- Manage vehicle development testing to sign off - supporting engineering test teams with issues
- Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation
- Provide input into new feature development
- Manage and resolve issues, escalating where required
- Own and deliver the Engineering APQP deliverables (to complement the STA Engineer APQP deliverables).
- Systems Engineering
- Project / programme management
- Requirements Management
- Understanding of Quality methods, Failure Mode Avoidance and robustness.
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification desirable
- Previous experience with Product Development standards is desirable
- Experience with real time control systems design
- Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self- confidence and a 'passion for the product'
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, Change Control, Product Definition and Change Management processes
Preferably Degree qualified