Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Engineer
An ADAS Engineer is required with knowledge of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment.
This company based in Sunderland requires an ADAS Engineer with experience of CAN system analysis (CANalyzer/CANoe/CANape etc) for a new contract role. As an ADAS Engineer you will be required to:
- Provide front line technical support to global colleagues to investigate development or manufacturing concerns.
- ADAS system management will include the coordination of several related components (sensors) in addition to the primary ADAS controller.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
- Contribute to departmental skill and knowledge regarding ADAS system
- Validating the logic and functional operation of ADAS systems on the vehicles against specifications.
- Reporting of ADAS concerns into project reviews and senior management
- Root cause investigation of complex electrical concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component test engineer
- Cross-functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns, and smooth adoption of hardware and/or software change.
- Provide technical support to the production plant, including support for line trial activities and setup of radar & camera calibration facilities
- Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- Acting as a window for information flow between manufacturing and design/test for ADAS issues.
- Coordinate component hardware and/or software retrofit, occasionally on a scale that requires managing a team
- Ensuring the rework pedigree of test fleet vehicles before start test programs
The ADAS Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a global cross-functional cross-cultural environment.
- Have experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment - flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Have the ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Experience of managing suppliers in a project environment.
- Aptitude to understand new technologies and systems by clear application of engineering principles and knowledge
- Knowledge of CAN communication
- Experience of CAN system analysis (CANalyzer/CANoe/CANape etc)
- Competent with PC applications MS Office etc
- Good problem-solving skills with knowledge of Design Review, FTA and FMEA activities.
- Knowledge of application and use of diagnostic tools and diagnostic communication is desirable.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
- Postgraduate experience in an engineering environment.
- Understanding of modular software-hardware integration (boot loader, application and configuration) desirable
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Hold a full and clean UK driving license
If you have any questions about the ADAS Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately, candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship