- Sector: Energy
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 30 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59670
Job Title: Acoustic Engineer
Location: Newton Abbots, South Devon
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Acoustic Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Newton Abbots, the role will be working across their engineering and manufacturing facility, and is an exciting opportunity involved in delivering engineering projects to their clients, the role works closely with the engineering teams and reports into the Engineering Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be the Acoustic Engineering focal point for the assigned aspects of an allocated Project.
- To take ownership for the professional delivery of Project tasks.
- To take ownership for the professional delivery of other tasks including baseline tasks under the guidance of the relevant Lead Engineer.
- To deploy engineering processes, methods and tools and ensure that these are consistently applied across projects.
- To deliver Engineering project requirements that meet the needs of interfacing functions as well as project contractual and business requirements.
- To ensure the flow down, change control and integration of engineering project plans to result in a co-ordinated approach to project delivery.
- To manage project and technical risk providing risk mitigation plans where required.
- To provide all necessary evidence and documentation to support the requirements of the Project, certificating authorities, directives and standards.
- To work with technical interfaces (internally and externally) to ensure that all engineering project issues are completed prior to the installation phase.
- To establish the Acoustic and Balance of Plant Engineering plan to meet the Project requirements.
- To ensure delivery of the Acoustic and Balance of Plant Engineering plan to schedule.
- To provide performance data to meet Project KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Where an engineer has project ownership, ensure that work carried out by other team members meets business and professional standards.
- Where an engineer has project ownership, ensure that work carried out by other team members is completed on time.
- To provide project programme updates and/or metrics as necessary with detailed recovery action where required.
- To ensure that all technical direction/ decisions made gives due consideration to the available budget.
- To identify risks associated with the Project and establish and deliver mitigation plans where required.
- To deliver projects to allocated budget and schedule.
- To provide technical assistance, guidance and where appropriate fully worked solutions to interfacing functions.
- To provide training and share knowledge with other members of the team where required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with power generation equipment and or rotating machinery.
- Experience of working with acoustic noise reduction solutions.
- Experience with noise analysis and implementation of solutions for noise reduction.
- Experience with Civil and structural design and analysis.
- Experience with Syteline.
- Ability in a second European Language.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- A qualified Engineering professional with a recognised Engineering degree.
- Proactive, well organised and effective at prioritising tasks.
- Methodical, logical and accurate in their approach to work.
- IT literate.
- Flexible and willing to travel.
The company offers a fantastic benefits package, including pension scheme, BUPA health Care, and 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.