Job title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary: Hourly Rate
Contract Length: 3 Month Fixed Term Contract (with potential to extend)
My Client are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a 3 month FTC as additional support to the team due to a high volume of work.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk you will receive invoices/credit notes from both Intercompany and Third Party suppliers for goods and services supplied to the client. Timely input and payment of these is crucial to maintain the smooth running of the business. You will also be required to perform other clerical tasks in accordance with standard accounting procedures and documentation.
- Process purchase invoices and credits onto the Accounts Payable Ledger
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT, where applicable
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations and resolve differences
- Verify details on the invoice match delivery details, quantities and price.
- Deal with invoice queries internally and externally
- Resolve significant issues (eg. final demand letters) promptly
- Liaise with suppliers via telephone and e-mail
- General clerical duties.
Essential role related Knowledge, Technical Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous finance experience
- SAP experience
- Accounts payable experience
- Must be used to a high volume of workload from previous roles.
- 5 x GCSEs at grades A-C or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in person, by telephone and in writing
- Keen, flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, ability to analyse information
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Keyboard numeracy/data entry skills essential
- Excel skills essential (basic formulas, pivot tables, look ups)
- Proactively looks at continuous improvement and seeks out problems and trends
- Ability to build/maintain working relationships
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Accounts Payable Clerk role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.