Up to £23.00 p/h (Umbrella/PAYE) Inside IR35
Accounts Payable Assistant
Up to £23.00 p/h (Umbrella/PAYE)
Contract - 3 months initially
Due to an increased workload one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant.
As an Accounts Payable Assistant, you will receive invoices/credit notes from both internal and external suppliers for goods and services supplied to our client.
Job duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Timely processing and payment of invoices/credit notes to maintain the smooth running of the business.
- Process purchase invoices and credits onto the Accounts Payable Ledger
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT, where applicable
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliation's and resolve differences
- Verify details on the invoice match delivery details, quantities and price.
- Deal with invoice queries internally and externally
- Resolve significant issues (eg. final demand letters) promptly
- Liaise with suppliers via telephone and e-mail
- General clerical duties.
As Accounts Payable Assistant you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous finance/ accounts payable experience
- 5 x GCSEs at grades A-C or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in person, by telephone and in writing
- Keen, flexible, 'can do' attitude and the ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, ability to analyse information
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excel skills essential (basic formulas, pivot tables, look ups) and SAP would be beneficial
- Proactively looks at continuous improvement and seeks out problems and trends
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-known manufacturer, to gain knowledge of accounts payable and join a friendly and supportive team.
Interested in the above opportunity? Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates to be available immediately or at short notice and remote working is available although training will be required on site initially.
Interviews will be taking place via Teams.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.