Competitive Salary + Car
Account Manager - UK
Reporting to the Sales Manager EMEA, this strategic key Account Manager role will be responsible for managing and developing both new and existing accounts within a competitive and highly technical sales environment, across the UK.
Customers range from large OEMs to small distributors and the role will be responsible for the Account Management of 6 brands of specialist fastening solutions and products which are used across diverse markets including commercial transportation (truck, bus, rail), automotive, distribution, industrial, renewable energy, and general metal fabrication.
Excellent commercial skills are required together with a technical bias and genuine energy and passion to support successful relationship management, development, and growth.
- Identify, develop & sustain existing and future accounts.
- Provide assistance with sales, technical & application training.
- Develop & support the distributor network.
- Prioritise, develop & target new business opportunities in line with our Clients' strategy.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers (including European and UK plants).
- Effectively manage the expectations of the customer and the supplier location.
- Assist with the development of sales, marketing and business plans, forecasts, and promotional programs.
- Provide support for field training activities for other Account Managers, distributors, and customers.
- Recommend the addition of new products and the modification/replacement of existing products within customer base.
- Implement relevant sales and promotional programs.
- Ensure customers have up to date product information.
- Compile & submit accurate sales forecasts in a timely manner.
- Comply with all internal sales reporting in line with corporate expectations.
Experience & Background
- Supported by an existing professional background and commercial/technical exposure, you should have the drive to be successful in this role as well as being self-sufficient. Future career growth opportunities do exist.
- Typically, you will have over 2-years Post Graduate experience in Technical or Technical Sales environment, and/or demonstrated success in developing accounts directly with manufacturers.
- You should be able to adapt to working in different Customer environments on a daily/weekly basis; working from home and travelling as required but being in reasonable commuting distance to the main UK site in Shropshire.
Competencies & Skills - Person Specification
- Energetic with a tenacious approach.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop new approaches.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- IT skills - excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication - both written & verbal in English.
- Strong written, report writing skills.
- Effective in managing the demands of both the business and the customer, these are often competing.
- Work effectively with customers, colleagues, and senior management.
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a complex working environment.
- Capable of working under pressure to achieve targets.
- Ability to develop technical knowledge.
- Preferred Degree in Engineering or similar
- Strong commercial acumen
If you feel you have the experience, skills, and drive to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.