Title: Account Manager (Sales Department)
Location: Home Based (Travel Across UK)
Reporting to: Sales Director
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 p/a + Company Vehicle + Company Benefits
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a passionate customer centric Account Manager who will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our client's customers.
The role will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders to secure and win their motive power business needs.
Involved in develop a sales pipeline, identifying your customers future energy needs and projects, producing accurate quotes, upselling the companies premium brand and successfully closing the deal.
Liaising between customers and cross-functional internal teams both in the UK and in Germany to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products and solutions according to customer needs.
- Operate as a "trusted advisor" being the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop and manage a pipeline of future projects, all sales enquiries and provide written and verbal quotations in line with the pricing guide and other relevant sources.
- Following up quotations and handling of additional queries through to successful order placement.
- Clearly communicate the customers' requirements to internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are met and continual communication with customers to provide an update on their delivery
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with all other internal teams to ensure growth targets are met in sales and service
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Obtain constructive feedback from customers and gather market intelligence on the competition to ensure company retains a competitive advantage in our products and service offering
Experience and Attributes:
- Strong customer service focus with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Clear and precise communication skills
- Confident and assertive manner with good negotiation skills
- Experience in selling a premium product in a competitive market
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritise and multi-task
- The ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- The ability to develop and maintain an effective sales funnel/pipeline
- The ability to successfully close a sale
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in sales, preferably within a batter, energy or engineering business
- Commercial experience of pricing and quoting within a technical environment
- A sound working knowledge of SAP
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.