Due to continued growth this international manufacturer of high precision machined components is looking for a dynamic Account Manager. Industries supplied into include automotive, renewable energy, industrial and distribution.
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus car, bonus and benefits
Suitable for: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Account Manager
Reporting in to the Group Account Manager you will be responsible for building key client relationships and sales project management. The role will focus on predominantly UK customers with occasional European travel.
The role would suit someone who is ideally Midlands based and can be based from a mixture of home, office and client visits.
- Provide assistance with sales, technical & application training.
- Develop & support the distributor network.
- Prioritise, develop & target new business opportunities in line with strategy.
- Develop strong working relationships with suppliers
- Manage effectively the expectations of the customer and the supplier location.
- Assist with the development of sales, marketing and business plans, forecasts and promotional programs.
- Provide support for field training activities for other Account Managers, distributors and customers.
- Recommend the addition of new products and the modification/replacement of existing products within customer base.
- Implement relevant sales and promotional programs.
- Ensure customers have up to date product information.
- Compile & submit accurate sales forecasts in a timely manner.
- Comply with all internal sales reporting in line with corporate expectations.
Background and experience:
- At least two years Post Graduate experience in Technical or Technical Sales environment if applicable, and/or demonstrated success in developing accounts directly with manufacturers.
- Automotive or engineering account management experience
- Energetic with a tenacious approach.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop new approaches.
- Able to prioritise effectively.
- IT skills - excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication - both written & verbal.
- Strong written, report writing skills.
- Effective in managing the demands of both the business and the customer, these are often competing.
- Work effectively with customers, colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a complex working environment.
- Capable of working under pressure to achieve targets.
- Ability to develop technical knowledge.
- Able to travel extensively and use home office as base
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Account Manager role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.