EDS Design Engineer
We are working with a world class organisation who design, develop, and manufacture niche vehicles globally seeking an experienced contract EDS Design Engineer for a long-term contract, supporting a range of new vehicle platforms.
As EDS Design Engineer you will be responsible for the routing and bracketry associated with the harness using Catia. Development & preparation of wiring harnesses drawings and component drawings to relevant standards for internal and external usage for prototype or production usage.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to work on the concept development of an Electric Vehicle
- A competitive hourly rate, hybrid working with a 3/2 day split across working week
- Be the single point of responsibility for Electrical Design across the Engineering team
As EDS Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop 3D models of harnesses and the routing of these including design of bracketry and fixing locations
- Support DFMEA generation and updating.
- Create layout of engineering drawings for both assemblies and components
- Interact with cross functional teams and suppliers to meet the specifications and needs of the customer in the development of new and current products.
As EDS Design Engineer you will have:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical engineering will proven experience in a product design or development role
- Design and engineering experience of electrical components, systems and systems integration including harnesses development, wiring routing best practices
- Proficient with Catia & an understanding of electrical schematics
- A good understanding of Electrical component and system trouble shooting
- Excellent Communicator at all levels & high energy to drive results with enthusiasm and pace
Suitably qualified and experienced EDS Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Jeff Lane at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included