Powertrain Development Engineer - Peterborough (Hybrid) - Up to £37/hr - Inside IR35
A Powertrain Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will join an Advanced Powertrain Development Team focussed on delivering future Powertrain System performance and validation testing.
As a Powertrain Development Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting testing, development, and sign-off for the various powertrain programmes.
In your first few weeks in this Performance and Validation Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Conduct and/or direct Powertrain System performance and validation tests on a range of Powertrain Systems, including batteries, motors, engines, transmissions, and hydraulic drive
- Work with the program team and test facilities to develop test plans to meet technical and product objectives
- Conduct and check data quality, test result integrity and repeatability
- Produce technical reports and present data to the programme team and wider NPI teams
- Assist in team building to develop a technology Centre of Excellence within the business
To apply for this Powertrain Development Engineer role, you will need a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. You will also require experience in some of the below:
- Experience in power system level performance
- Hands on Battery, Motor, Engine or Transmission system testing, and problem-solving experience
- Looking for experience with Canape, Data analysis software including NI Diadem
- Preferred experience with Matlab Simulink would be beneficial
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems
- Project Management
If you're looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you'll be rewarded with an excellent contract rate of £37.00 per hour.
If this contract hybrid Powertrain Development Engineer job motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included