Proving Test EV Technician - Peterborough - Up to £27/hr - Inside IR35 - 12 month rolling contract
Do you have electric vehicle test experience, and are you seeking a new job in Peterborough? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines recruit a Proving Test EV Technician, and the hybrid role comes with a contract rate of £27.00 per hour.
As a Proving Test ev Technician, you will be involved in various powertrain installation projects for off-highway machines.
In your first few weeks in this Proving Test Technician role, you can expect to:
- Install prototype, pilot, and production powertrains into machines
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back-hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Instrument powertrains installations with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both powertrains and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic)
To apply for this Proving Test Technician role, you will need a demonstrable understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical/electronic systems with a good working knowledge of powertrains and machines. You will also require the following:
- EV Background – Knowledge and understanding of EV systems and hands on experience.
- Proficient use of hand tools.
- Mainly TIG but also MIG Welding & fabrication skills
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles would be a distinct advantage.
If you want to impact and create change positively, you'll receive an excellent contract per-hour rate of £27.00 for your inclusive and committed approach.
Please reach out to our friendly and welcoming team today to apply and register your interest for this contract hybrid Proving Test EV Technician position.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included