Steering System Engineer 0824
Hybrid Role - 2 days from home per week
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is looking for a skilled and collaborative Wheel Design Engineer to join our client's inclusive and friendly team in Cranfield on a 12-month contract. This Steering System Engineer role offers a PAYE rate of £30.78 per hour.
In this Wheel Design Engineer position, you will manage the application of global design and follow the development at the system and module level. You'll work within a cross-functional global team, mainly Japan, Germany, France, and Spain. This role is based in Cranfield but can include travel to suppliers and other plants.
Your main duties include:
- Meet regulation requirements
- Manage and report test validation, cost performance, quality/reliability, and adoption timing and delivery
- Technical analysis of market concerns (root cause investigation)
- Performing simulation analysis on steering systems
- Secure industry-leading customer satisfaction
We are seeking a Steering System Engineer with previous automotive design and development experience and prior knowledge of Steering Systems, Brake Modulation and Electric Boosters at a vehicle/system application level. You will also require:
- Prior knowledge of manufacturing processes and the development process for Steering and Brake modulation/electric booster
- A valid driving license and the ability to travel globally
- Experience investigating and resolving software logic-related concerns in an automotive-type environment
- Good problem-solving skills with knowledge of Design Review, FTA and FMEA activities
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included