Hybrid - 2 days per week from home
Wheel Design Engineer 0823
Jonathan Lee Recruitment is looking for a collaborative and skilled Wheel Design Engineer to join our client's inclusive and collaborative team. This 12-month contract role based in Cranfield comes with a rate of £27 per hour PAYE.
As a Wheel Design Engineer, you will manage the application of global design and follow the development at the system and module level. You will also manage supplier management (cost/quality and timing) and use CAD systems for 3D and 2D part design. You will be based in Cranfield, but this role can include travel to suppliers and other plants.
Your main duties include:
- Meet regulation requirements
- Manage and report test validation, cost performance, part quality/reliability, and adoption timing and delivery
- Manage styling feedback with the styling team and aerodynamics
- Technical analysis of market concerns (root cause investigation)
- Execute competitor benchmark and trend, research & analysis
The successful Wheel Design Engineer will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and be an IT literate, competent user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. You will also require:
- Knowledge of FEA tools applicable to mechanical structures
- Knowledge of CAD system Siemens NX is preferred, other CAD systems are fine.
- A valid driving licence for UK and European countries
- Good problem-solving skills with knowledge of Design Review, FTA and FMEA activities
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included