We are working with a well established global provider of cloud phone systems, broadband, mobile and IT to businesses. They are looking for a field telecoms engineer to join their UK field support team of 8. The role will cover the south west of England with customers located south of Bristol into the Southampton. As part of the salary package you will be provided with a company vehicle and fuel card to cover travel expenditure. The role will be doing remote support and travelling out to customer sites usually within 2 hours of your location.
The Field Telephony engineer focuses on customer service delivery supporting customers with installations and support resource, ensuring high quality of SLAs and service. The key responsibilities are:
- Answer customer support queries via telephone, email and our support ticketing system and escalate where needed.
- Installation of on-site cabling & equipment, including PBX and cloud-based technology.
- Maintenance visits for fault repairs.
- Surveying of potential new customers or additional work for existing customers.
- Keeping our remote access databases up to date with backups and access information.
We are looking for the candidates to have the below skills and experience to be considered for the role short-listing:
- Proven telephony support skills.
- Effective communication skills with proven customer service and organisation experience.
- Networking knowledge, experience of routers/Wi-Fi/switches and service of a technical nature.
- Skills in Avaya, NEC, Panasonic, Samsung or hosted telephony would be advantageous but not necessary to have all systems.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included