Vehicle Engineering Manager
The Vehicle Engineering Manager will lead all aspects of vehicle engineering from concept through to volume production. Leading the engineering team to translate customer requirements into clearly defined objective and measurable targets at vehicle level. Ensure the system and component targets defined are balanced to the vehicle requirements and can be delivered within the programme cost, quality and timing requirements. The Vehicle Engineering Manager will manage the engineering team to resolve technical issues and ensure on time delivery of the project.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to support the delivery of several vehicle programmes, working with cutting edge technology, dealing with some of the most advanced products, systems, and niche vehicle programmes within the automotive and future mobility arena.
- A competitive salary or contract rate (Outside IR35), working for a specialist organisation that are at the forefront of their industry experiencing exceptional growth.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to clearly understand customer requirements, market positioning and competitor set
- Ensure vehicle targets are defined across all vehicle attributes and accurately align with the customer requirements and competitor set
- Lead the engineering CoCs to ensure all system and component targets are set and balanced to the vehicle requirements and resolve cross functional conflicts
- In the initial phase of the programme review the engineering solutions proposed by the CoCs to ensure they meet the defined attributes
- Define and manage whole vehicle engineering activities for inclusion in the vehicle programme timing
- Manage and report vehicle attributes relative to other project targets
- Manage the vehicle DVP and required assets to enable the vehicle/system/component sign off
- Manage direct reports to enable all activities described
- Degree qualified or equivalent with relevant industry experience in Vehicle Engineering
- Strong knowledge of all systems in a motor vehicle ideally including E/E architecture
- Working knowledge of OEM and automotive development requirements
- Can demonstrate the successful planning & delivery of programmes/activities
- Can demonstrate a flexible approach to the way they work
- Experienced at dealing with engineering conflict whilst remaining delivery focused
- Self starter, good with people, good overall technical knowledge
- Ability to shape process and procedures
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included