Customer Focused Engineer (UX, Switches and Controls) - £27.00/hr PAYE
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Focused Engineer (UX, Switches and Controls) to join our client's team in Cranfield. This is a 12-month contract role with a rate of £27/hr PAYE (inside IR35).
Based within the Customer Oriented Engineering department, your role is to define what is required from a customer's point of view and disseminate those requirements to engineering teams. You will also establish customer target requirements for cross-car line systems, including, but not limited to, In-vehicle Infotainment systems, storage solutions, controls, switches and displays.
During your first few weeks in this Engineer role, you can expect to take on some of the following:
- Develop and refine European Market customer requirements for input to future products during the advanced engineering phase
- Analyse European Automotive market trends and customer usage patterns to identify unmet needs and opportunities, support development of potential solutions
- Evaluate cross-car line systems from customer point of view and coordinate judgments across different vehicle evaluation groups
- Work with other departments, including Sales & Marketing, Product Planning, and Design/Styling, to support the development of mid-term strategies & product roadmaps
- Analyse monthly sales data and produce report
To apply for this role, you must be qualified to a degree level or equivalent and proficient in all MS Office applications, particularly Excel & PowerPoint.
You will also require the following:
- Customer-focused background - with knowledge of European driving scenes and European customer-driving/car usage behaviour
- Ability to make clear and concise written reports and verbal explanations
- Understanding of vehicle development and performance
- Understanding / appreciation of usability and ergonomic principles
- Good attention to detail and technical precision.
To apply for this contract Customer Focused Engineer role, please get in touch with Jonathan Lee Recruitment today. We would be thrilled to hear from you.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included