Position: Field Service Technician
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: Competitive salary, pension scheme, company vehicle
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Technician working with our client at their facility in Banbury, this role will be focused on installation, service and maintenance of UV equipment in the UK.
Our client is highly innovative and operates in dynamic and fast-moving markets. The products are cutting edge, regarded as some of the best on the market and are very environmentally sound. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and be tenacious, energetic, and highly self-motivated. Working within a focussed team, as part of a fast, flexible company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in the Sales and Customer Service Support Team within the Production environment, you will be involved in customer site and in-house factory repairs, installations and commissioning, including tasks such as :-
- Visiting customer sites for the installation of UV curing equipment.
- Visiting customer sites for the commissioning of UV Curing equipment.
- Visiting customer sites to fault find and repair equipment, suitable to your level of product knowledge.
- The fault finding and repair of customer equipment returned to head office.
- Liaising with customers on day to day technical and equipment performance issues, bespoke projects, and representing the company in technical meetings.
- You will be highly motivated and able to work for extended periods on your own, without significant day-to-day supervision.
- You will need an ability to think laterally and be able to problem solve unfamiliar issues.
- You will be a finisher, capable of navigating roadblocks, and actively looking for routes to solve problems on time and budget.
- You will be aware of the larger company picture and be able to strategize short-term and medium-term technical solutions where necessary.
- Present a professional approach when liaising with customers and internal staff.
- Be able and willing to travel unassisted (when required) to Europe, the US, Canada, and the Far East.
- Attending training courses as requested appropriate with this position.
- Similar duties as may be from time to time directed.
Key competencies and experience:
3yrs-5yrs experience working in a field based, customer facing, installation, service and maintenance technician role working with complex electromechanical equipment. (In-house factory based technicians will also be considered).
Experience of curing/drying equipment in the printing industry would be considered an advantage.
A technical background in the printing industry.
Ability to understand technical products. (Full product training will be given).
IT literacy, particularly Microsoft Office 365 applications.
High level of self-motivation and initiative.
Highly organised with effective prioritisation skills.
Project management skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills across all levels.
Always present a professional image and be an ambassador for IST INTECH.
Flexibility – ability to travel worldwide at short notice
Excellent communication skills – working within a team
Time served qualification: (Apprenticeship / ONC / HNC) - electromechanical engineering. Industrial experience in a similar role will also be considered.
Passport and valid UK driving licence.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or email email@example.com
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included