1Title: Principal Engineer - CAD Closures & Mechanisms
Keywords: #PrincipalEngineer #CADDesign #CATIAV5 #Closures #Mechanisms
Rate: Excellent rate of Pay
Role INSIDE IR35
The company employ engineers and technical specialists and is regarded as a centre-of-excellence for whole vehicle design and development. A small but complete car company, with expertise in advanced engineering and research, design, whole vehicle product development and manufacturing engineering. There continues to be significant investment from the parent company.
This role will be working on all early concept stage projects and the team has a strong pipeline of continuous work on exciting new and existing projects.
Principal Engineer CAD, Closures & Mechanisms is responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time for tasks and activities assigned to them by their module team line manager.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate relevant engineering experience, gained from working on similar module area systems design & development in previous roles, with experience from concept to production.
Candidate requirements include:
- Degree qualified or similar qualification as a minimum.
- CAD operation skills: Expectation for engineer to be able to create and manipulate geometry for primary communication of concepts / schemes. Expectation 95%-time utilisation for CAD geometry generation.
- Catia v5 operative skills; able to demonstrate high technical competence in generation of 3D geometry & sectional data.
- Catia v6 experience, is desirable.
- Experience of using TCUA (Team Centre) & PLM
- Experience of prior delivery of the designated module systems in the automotive sector
- Closures and mechanisms systems experience: Side closures, Tailgate, Hood, Drop-glass mechanisms, Drop-glass, Seals, Latches, Handles, Roof systems – fixed glazed & panoramic, Wiper systems, Roof rails
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included