Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer - Gensets - Peterborough (Hybrid) - Up to £38/hr - Inside IR35
Do you have diesel genset development, performance or optimisation experience? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a respected global company recruit an Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer, and the hybrid role comes with a contract rate of £38/hr - Inside IR35.
As a Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the client's Retail & Rental product development teams in Northern Ireland, USA and India who manufacture generator sets. The role acts as a single point of contact for all technical aspects regarding new and current power solution product introduction.
Within this role you will work closely with product / engineering teams to manage & deliver internal combustion engine power system integration projects on time through the execution of the Application & Installation process. This is a diverse role which will require an ability to work and collaborate across cultures, time zones and roles globally.
In your first few weeks in this Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer role, you can expect to be:
- Responsible for power system selection and completion of projects on time and on cost through close collaboration with genset technical lead engineers
- Development of effective relationships internally within the Industrial Power Systems Division and customer teams to ensure an effective partnership is maintained and enhanced
- Be a point of contact for all customer technical queries through all stages of NPI
- Initial escalation point for customer critical issues, ensuring clear communications are made regarding support needs
To apply for this Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer role, you must be degree-qualified or have equivalent practical experience within an engineering discipline. You will also require the following:
- Diesel engine/genset knowledge
- Development / validation test planning and execution
- Teamcentre – BoM management, 3D models, workflows (design experience not required)
- An understanding of engine performance, design, field testing and manufacturing
- The ability to plan and drive actions through an organisation
- To be organised and structured when approaching work tasks
You'll receive an excellent umbrella contract per hour rate of £38.00 in return for your knowledge, expertise and flexibility.
If this contract hybrid Diesel Engine Application & Installation Engineer job motivates and inspires you, please contact Jonathan Lee Recruitment today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included