Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim
Long-Term Contract (Inside IR35)
Competitive rates with hybrid working
A Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim is required to join a Coventry based OEM, working within a state-of-the-art technical centre as part of their Advanced Product Creation Team, being responsible for the design, development, & integration of Exterior Trim solutions for the development of their next generation electric vehicles.
As a Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim you will have experience of module area systems design & development, from concept to production, being able to work with cross functional teams to deliver design solutions across all areas of the vehicle.
What's in it for you?
- A long-term contract with excellent rates of pay (Inside IR35).
- Be part of a growing team with an exciting future within a flagship state of the art technical centre.
- Manage the design, development, and delivery of exterior trim solutions from concept for next generation vehicles having autonomy across product ranges.
- Be part of a highly creative and innovative teams working across several EV platforms.
- This role will offer excellent progression and development within new vehicle development programmes.
As Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim - you will be responsible for:
- Delivering design solutions for all exterior trim across new vehicle platforms using CAD (Catia) from initial concept through to product launch.
- Lead the development of 3D and 2D models for exterior trim, managing product release activities.
- Creating engineering BOM’s, while delivering DFMEA's, DVP's and feasibility checks during the design and development process.FMEA
- Participating within design reviews considering technical applications, form, function & harmonisation.
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles and products, making recommendations for design improvements for new concept cars.
As Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim - will have:
- Experience of delivering exterior trim design solution from concept through to product launch within the automotive arena.
- Knowledge of working CAD (Catia), DFMEA, DVP, BOM and TCUA during new product design and development phases.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, being able to work with cross functional teams to establish a win-win solution within new product development.
Applications will be welcomed from experienced Principal Engineer CAD – Exterior Trim.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Unfortunately we cannot progress candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included