European Customer Satisfaction and Service Director
Our globally established and highly recognised Client continues to be the market leader for the design, manufacture and supply of an extensive range of machine tools. With a manufacturing operation in the UK and with direct activity across a range of sectors in the UK and European markets, this executive level position of European Customer Satisfaction & Service Director is to further support the European Sales and extensive Service organisation to further develop their market position and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Deputy European Managing Director and with close engagement and interaction with the European Group Managing Director as well as the European Managing Directors and relating service and operational teams, the core responsibilities of this position include:
- The development of a successful spare parts and spindle repair services through completion and launch of the finalised "I-Connect" solution.
- Anticipate future market demands through the development of innovative solutions to engage and support customers with the latest digital technologies, such as remote access, diagnosis and other advanced service solutions.
- Promoting 'service as a business' philosophy.
- Collaborating with other departments to develop new products & services which enhance and support our customer satisfaction goals, including new machine model development, automation, and software solutions.
- Measure the European Group's performance on these services and the impact of these activities on the development of our market share.
- Develop a clear and effective pricing strategy best suited to the market and its development.
Working in support of a well-established service environment in Europe; locally reporting Service Managers in each country then further supported by a dedicated service team of c350 personnel, this role is to further expand the service operation.
Reinforcing and further developing the relationship with the European country teams as well as taking direct responsibility for their Belgium located Parts Centre as well as the repair centre in centre of the UK; managing a small team of technicians across different organisation branches and engaging with the existing Technology Team, candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate a directly similar or relating experience range within a global manufacturing service environment as well as having:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Science or Engineering related subject.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience at a similar level in a leading customer service multinational organisation with technical products and/or services.
- Excellent leadership and management skills to drive change whilst ensuring that targets and deadlines are met.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and influence decision-making.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills in order to make measured judgments under pressure.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Previous experience of developing solutions for an advanced services business model (more than 'break/fix').
- Ability to identify innovative technologies that can be adapted and applied to build new advanced service offerings.
- Proven experience in managing Business/Systems development and deployment, from conception to implementation.
- Experience and understanding of export compliance for controlled/sensitive products and technology.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- A high degree of commercial awareness.
Where possible, candidates should have experience from a relating or similar industry. A direct awareness of manufacturing is required along with project management tools and methodologies. Fluent in English and in an additional European language is considered highly important to support the European engagement.
This position offers an executive level salary, package and benefits. The role will require travel between the organisations' European sites and will have regular and positive engagement at all levels. It is noted that this role is a significant position and can be located in the UK, or potentially Belgium.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included